Fight Designer Prop Weaponry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacement grip's

3 posters

Go down

replacement grip's Empty replacement grip's

Post  colonel faulkner Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:14 am

hi chap's
have just got a umarex makarov a super piece BUT the plastic wood like grip's are so cheap!
can anyone tell me if and where i can buy REAL replacement wood grip's?
thank's.

colonel faulkner

Back to top Go down

replacement grip's Empty Re: replacement grip's

Post  vernonsmith Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Yeah I was about to ask the same question. I have a Bruni Beretta M92, the original flat surface grips don't feel good in my hand. I was thinking of getting the original Beretta grips but not sure if the screw size is the same or will it fit properly or not.

Any info on this will be nice.

Sorry to hijack..

vernonsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Fight Designer Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 pm

I've tried real plastic factory Beretta grips and aftermarket rubber grips on the Voltran Beretta M92s. The plastic grips, I had to cut down a bit of a ridge on the inside to make it lie flush, and then I still sometimes have a problem with the mag release getting depressed by the grips. Close though. The rubber grips seem to work, but again there's a bit of an issue with the mag release depending on how tight the grip screws are.

Tried Colt Python wood grips for a Bruni version too- those don't fit as is, and I haven't had the time to fiddle with them yet.

Only Umarex I've got is the Walther P99, so grips are a moot point. Wait, that's not true- I've got the Chief's special as well, but I like the wood grips those came with.
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vernonsmith Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:28 am

Gee thanks for the info Kevin. Will try to get hold of the original grip and see how it go. Cheers.

vernonsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Fight Designer Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm

How'd it go? By the way, where did you find an Umarex Makarov? Only models of theirs I've seen for sale in the US are the S&W and Ruger Redhawk revolvers, the Walther P99s and P22s, and the Colt and S&W 1911s.

Also, I have a Bruni Peacemaker I need to put some replacement grips on. Could just make 'em from scratch, but has anyone tried any replacement grips on them?
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum