Fight Designer Prop Weaponry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTK: Front-venting Jackal?

2 posters

Go down

WTK: Front-venting Jackal? Empty WTK: Front-venting Jackal?

Post  LarsRobert Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:23 am

Greetings everyone,

First Post here. I used to be a TV/Film free-lance Armorer a while back and I've been looking for a site like this one for a while...glad that I found it.

When the Jackals first came out...I noticed that Maxsell's Jackal video was of one that was front-venting. When I called them about this and explained that I rent these front-venting blank firers and could send them a bonofide business letterhead along with my payment. Well, this confused them. I told them that their video showed a Jackal emitting its flash from the muzzle and they told me that I was mistaken going on to say that it is "illegal" for front-venting blank guns to be sold here in the States. I replied that I was NOT mistaken and that they need to view and inspect their Jackal video. Well, shortly thereafter...the video was changed over to a top-venting Jackal.

Having owned and rented the front-venting Brexia Beretta M92 "Army" 8mm pistol, the 9mm Bruni Glock 17, 2 Reck 8mm Commanders and 2 of the .380 Rimmed Bruni "Marshall" PeaceMaker revolvers...I KNOW that they do exist and are here in the States...many of which I bought off of EBay. No kidding.

There is a Umarex/Colt 9mm PAK M1911A1 front-venter along with a Umarex/Walther PPK .315K front-venter available to me for rentals. Both run like tops. But, I am looking for another Beretta 92 and another Glock 17...both front-venting.

Are there any legitimate sources who sell these front-venters here in the States now-a-days?

Also, we've all heard that the front-venters are NOT available for sale to civilians...but ARE available to bonafide prop rental facilities here in the USA. If BATFE considers these front-venters to be firearms (from what I hear), then why can't these front-venters be purchased and shipped to a rental houses' local FFL and then transferred over to the rental house on a BATFE 4473 form...just like is needed to be filled out for a live, real firearm? Just thinking out loud here. Heck, I may be wrong about ownership here in the USA. Who knows.

I sure would like to be able to read THEE ruling about front-venting blank-firing prop guns for these United States. I think that the front-venters are now illegal for ownership in the UK. Is this true?

Sorry this got long...didn't mean to do so. But, any input here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you for reading through.

Kimbo
NW GA Very Happy

LarsRobert

Back to top Go down

WTK: Front-venting Jackal? Empty Re: WTK: Front-venting Jackal?

Post  Fight Designer Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Sadly, I don't think there is such a thing as THE ruling on blank firing guns. What we have is a few open-ended laws being interpreted differently by different courts in different cases. Makes it a bit sketchier a business to be in, but I suppose that also helps motivate you to keep your nose clean to avoid any unnecessary harassment.
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LarsRobert Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am

...which a true gentleman and a professional who dabbles in this hobby along with all of us would do anyway.

Thanks for your response Fight Designer,

Kim in NW GA Very Happy

LarsRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down