Fight Designer Prop Weaponry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s...

Go down

Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... Empty Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s...

Post  Fight Designer Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Funny, I could swear I had a topic about these in here from ages ago... anyway, I finally got around to modifying one of the magazines to full size. It's been my biggest aesthetic peeve with these models. They're darn near idiot proof, rarely jam (since the mechanism is a motor instead of the blowback), go bang, smoke a little eject casings... I wish they were select fire, but at $40 each you can't expect too much.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures up with the new mag soon, but here's the 'before' picture, and one post-first-paint-job:
Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... M4capb12_800x600

Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... M4afte11
This one also had the top modified to look like a flat-top rail... when they come, there are no notches in it and it isn't a standard weaver size platform either.

Anyway... still not nearly as nice in close-up or potential as the modelguns (like my Marushin XM or MGC AR-15), but more consistent, easier to use, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down

Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... Empty Re: Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s...

Post  Fight Designer Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Here's the flat-top one with the newly extended mag shown.

Feels nicer too- I used a block of wood for the majority of the mass, but there's a strip of steel around the outside that's part of what holds on the wood- and it also makes it feel much more like a real steel mag, plus the corners will show steel as the paint rubs off. Texture and strips built up in black epoxy putty to try to match the plastic above.

Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... M4capairflat
for comparison, here's one with the original size mag:
Semi-auto electric plastic shell ejecting M4s... M4capair

I think it helps, anyway.
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down