Fight Designer Prop Weaponry Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

Go down

Welcome! Empty Welcome!

Post  Fight Designer Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Welcome!

This forum has perhaps more of a stage combat leaning than some of what's out there, but is still a bit of an experiment in redundancy. I'd be more than happy to see this take off, but don't want to either reinvent the wheel or have people repeating the same things over and over... so if you're just starting out, here's some places you might want to look around. Feel free to add to the list:

• Sword Forum International -this has a theatrical swordplay forum that I am active on.
  • My Armoury -probably the best site out there for reviews and pictures of period weaponry.
  • Sword Buyer's Guide -focuses on those with a tight budget; swords in the $100-$300 range. I'm not over there very often, but it can be good for finding reviews of that cheap ebay sword you were considering bidding on...
  • NetSword -Haven't spent much time there personally in years, because the anonymous posting lead to too many flame wars and trolls- something I hope doesn't happen here!
Those are all other discussion forums- I hope to follow up with lists of vendors sometime, that the rest of you can expand on as well.

Thanks!
-Kevin
Fight Designer
Fight Designer
Admin

http://www.fightdesigner.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum